The Committee on Minority Affairs would like to invite you to their next meeting. It will be held Wednesday March 9th, 2022 at 6:30pm. If you would like to get involved, please email Carissa Hunter at [email protected] or Reyniak Richards at [email protected] for more details.
The goal of the Committee on Minority Affairs hopes to increase membership and participation of underrepresented minority groups within CSW through the use of resources and volunteer efforts provided by the Board of Managers. The effort will promote CSW’s involvement in advancing diversity and inclusion within the American Chemical Society and overall broader chemical enterprise.
To advance diversity and inclusion in the Chemical Society of Washington (CSW) and the broader chemistry enterprise.
- Sustain and dynamically develop a programmatic presence within the CSW community
- Increase the number & participation of racially & ethnically underrepresented scientists within CSW membership
- Promote the recognition of the professional accomplishments of minorities
- Provide mentoring to minority students
- Identify and collaborate with minority-friendly educational institutions and businesses