In collaboration with the Northern New York ACS Local Section, the Center for Materials Processing is hosting a symposium on Advanced Functional Materials for Emerging Science and Technology. Please spread the word about this symposium to attract a comprehensive body of attendees!
Please feel free to reach out if you are faculty or a student from a local or regional Primary Undergraduate Institution (e.g., SUNY Plattsburgh, Canton, Potsdam). There may be funds available to co-sponsor transportation to Clarkson and/or registration.
The full long version of the symposium announcement is below and the highlights of the meeting details are as follows:
- 1.5-day materials symposium at Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY, October 1-2, 2022.
- The motto of the symposium is “Advanced Functional Materials for Emerging Science and Technology” which centers around functional (i) nanoporous materials (e.g., MOFs/COFs) and (ii) polymer materials (e.g., novel syntheses, upcycling, smart polymers) as the primary focus.
- The symposium kicks off with welcome remarks at 8:20 am on Saturday (Oct 1) and concludes with the last session ending at 12:20 pm, followed by lunch, on Sunday (Oct 2). You would have ample of time to travel to Rochester, NY, (~3.5 h by car) if you intend to attend the ACS Northeast Regional Meeting (NERM) afterwards with their technical sessions starting on Oct 3.
- 18 invited talks, 3 keynotes and 1 plenary lecture; student and postdoc posters including two talks selected from submitted abstracts.
- No parallel sessions – one room, one session, one great networking experience.
- Among others, Omar Farha (Northwestern University) is confirmed as our plenary speaker, along with Tomislav Friščić (McGill University), Silvana Andreescu (Clarkson University), and Christopher Ober (Cornell University) as keynote speakers.
- The cost of registration is $100 for faculty and $50 for students/postdocs (dinner and lunches included).
- Link with further information and to register: https://sites.clarkson.edu/camp/clarkson-materials-chemistry-symposium/.
- The registration deadline is September 10, 2022. No on-site registration possible. Please reach out to us if you consider registering but cannot meet this deadline in the event of unusual circumstances. We might be able to accommodate you.
- We have hotel rooms blocked at two local hotels. Detailed information about accommodation is posted on our web site.
The Organization Team (Mario Wriedt and Devon Shipp)